Vocabulary from Classical Roots Student Book 4 and Answer Key Set
Book 4 is for Grade 4.
Vocabulary from Classical Roots® is ideal for students mastering a growing content-area vocabulary in social studies, science, literature, and mathematics – predominantly multi-syllabic Greek- and Latin-based words. Strategic instruction helps students learn to unlock the meanings of thousands of words. As students transition from learning to read to reading to learn, they will develop a useful, transferable technique to make sense out of unfamiliar words.
Each lesson consists of between 2-4 roots and 8-15 words. All lessons have the following format:
• An introduction to the selected roots and 8-15 words. Dictionary-style definitions include pronunciations, parts of speech, illustrative sentences, and multiple word forms.
• A list of “Familiar Words” and “Challenge Words” in sidebars. This allows for differentiated instruction and provides increased opportunities for vocabulary development.
• Exercise A asks students to apply their knowledge of roots by identifying synonyms and antonyms of key words presented in context.
• Exercise B asks students to identify the sentence in which a key word is used incorrectly. This type of exercise helps prepare students for similar exercises often found on standardized tests.
• Exercise C asks students to think critically by completing sentences with the correct form of the key words. Students must derive meaning from context as well as cross-reference word knowledge with syntax.
Student Book ISBN: 9780838822654
Answer Key ISBN: 9780838808702