Life of Fred
Life of Fred Elementary Mathematics Book 4: Dogs
Now you will be able to start the Life of Fred series with your child sitting on your lap . . .
. . . and finish the series sitting on his/her lap!
You are ready to start Life of Fred Elementary when...
1. You can talk in sentences.
2. You are willing to listen to a 5 page story.
3. You can hold a pencil.
4. You can print the digits 0 to 10
5. You know your basic addition and subtraction facts up to 10
Dr. Schmidt recommends that all students up to 4th grade start with Apples and work their way through the entire elementary series.
This is the third book of the ten books in Elementary Series:
4. Dogs (Sample pages): This book covers beginning mathematics including . . .
One Million; the Game of Doubles; Fortnight; Digits in a Number; Two Dimes = 20 Cents; Doubling 1 ➔ 2 ➔ 4 ➔ up to 1,267,650,600,228,229,401,496,703,205,376 (which is 100 doubles); 7 - z = 4; Functions; the Function Party Game; One Billion; Making Choices in Life; Finding Patterns; Consecutive Even Numbers; Numbers that Add to 15; Guessing Functions; Right Angles; Rectangles; Constant Functions; Numbers that Add to 17; Bar Graphs; Adding two- and three-digit numbers; Carrying the One in Addition.
Unlike all other math programs, this one also teaches about:
• Our Place in the Dance of Life
• New Words in English
• Middle English
• Old English
• Making Choices in Life
• Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe
• Morse Code from A–Z
• What Can Cause Unclear Thinking
• Rhyme Schemes
• Tennyson's In Memoriam
• Eyes Adjusting to Bright Light
• ATM Cards
• Buying Books
• One Day Without Reading
• Sheet Music for "Borrowed Books"
• Beautiful Handwriting
• The Eight Planets
• Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
• Different Ways to Pick Out a Book to Read
• Different Jobs You Might Choose
• Adopting a Dog
• Art in Advertising
• Female and Male
• Apartment Leases
• Isotopes of Hydrogen
• The Chemical Elements
• Dog Games
The answers are included in the textbook.
Life of Fred Cats is a hardcover textbook containing 128 pages. This book is not consumable. All answers are written on separate paper or in a notebook. It is designed to be read with the student.
Life of Fred Dogs contains 19 lessons and is designed to take approximately one month to complete.