Life of Fred
Life of Fred Eden Series for Beginning Readers
This delightful romp for young beginning readers unfolds over the 18 books of the series as Fred (age 4) and Kingie (his doll) go on an exciting adventure. These storybooks also teach colors, shapes, the word "STOP," and how to make mashed potatoes.The Eden Series books:
- Contain small words and short sentences.
- Provide lots of fun reading.
- More than just fun reading. This series teaches lots of things.
- A new color for each of the Eden Series books. Your child will learn 18 colors.
- Full color text.
- Sewn binding–not adhesive. Will last for generations.
Each full color book contains 32 pages.
- Blue: Meeting Fred and his doll and kick off the three series set with Life of Fred Blue.
- Bus: Take the bus with Fred and Kingie to the lake with Life of Fred Bus!
- Lake: Fred goes on a hike and learns how to deal with wild life in Life of Fred Lake!
- Potato Dreams: Learning to talk about your dreams and making french fries. Learn why Kingie wears two different hats with Life of Fred Potato Dreams.
- Ducks: Learn about three emotions: sad, happy, and afraid with Life of Fred Ducks.
- Rain: Fred and Kingie are stuck in the rain! Read along as they deal with ducks laying eggs in Life of Fred Rain.
- Mud: Make a mud hat, swim in a lake and find out how pizza solves everything.
- Night: Help Fred learn how to read a clock, know the days of the week, and wait for the bus.
- Dawn: Learn the difference between purple, magenta, and violet as Fred encounters all three.
- House: Follow Fred as he prepares the land to build his house and make it duck proof!
- Windows: How can you let sunlight in but keep the ducks out? Follow along with Fred as he solves this problem.
- Kitchen: Kingie is hungry but can't make anything without a kitchen! Follow Fred as he builds himself a kitchen.
- Electricity: Follow along with Kingieand Janice the electrician as she installs outlets throughout the house!
- Dinner: Help Fred and Kingieas they make spaghetti for dinner! You will count spaghetti noodles, count cans of sauce, and add up the grocery bill as you read along! You'll also follow along as they learn to read a compass from north, south, east, west, and travel to and from the grocery store.
- Evening: Brush up on your colors as Fred and Kingieget ready for bed; but not before they wash their dishes and do a little painting!
- Garden: Help Fred make a decision to buy the right amount of trees to plant for his fruit forest! Follow along as he learns how to plant trees tall enough for fruits to be safe from those pesky ducks!
- Peach: Follow along as Fred learns to make peach ice cream that came from the fruit trees (as Fred thinks!) Also join their adventure on the lake with their borrowed boat!
- Going Home: How to pack. What KITTENS University looks like. Reading a map. Ten rows and ten columns of dots. Why oil painters can paint things that photographers can't photograph.