Early Reading Comprehension in Varied Subject Matter Book C
Reading Comprehension spans grades 2–11 and comprises fourteen student books. The series offers nonfiction reading passages with comprehension questions on a variety of subjects.
● Topics and questions prepare students for standardized tests and provide valuable practice in nonfiction reading comprehension.
● Short passages on a variety of topics are followed by varied comprehension exercises including story recall, inferential questions, and writing prompts.
● Reading passages promote thinking and learning across the content areas and include topics in science, social studies, literature, math, and more.
Types of Exercises Early Reading Comprehension
● About the Passage – introduces the selection to the readers and asks them to determine the main idea
● Can You Remember? – asks students to recall literal information from the passage
● Put the Sentences in the Correct Order – lists four sentences from the selection and asks students to sequence them in the correct order
● Match the Words with Their Meanings – asks students to match vocabulary from the passage with its meaning
● Write about It – provides several prompts for students to respond critically to the passage in writing
64 pages, softcover. Book C, Grade 3-4.