Early Reading Comprehension in Varied Subject Matter Book A and Answer Key Set
Reading Comprehension spans grades 2–11 and comprises fourteen student books. The series offers nonfiction reading passages with comprehension questions on a variety of subjects.
● Topics and questions prepare students for standardized tests and provide valuable practice in nonfiction reading comprehension.
● Short passages on a variety of topics are followed by varied comprehension exercises including story recall, inferential questions, and writing prompts.
● Reading passages promote thinking and learning across the content areas and include topics in science, social studies, literature, math, and more.
Types of Exercises Early Reading Comprehension
● About the Passage – introduces the selection to the readers and asks them to determine the main idea
● Can You Remember? – asks students to recall literal information from the passage
● Put the Sentences in the Correct Order – lists four sentences from the selection and asks students to sequence them in the correct order
● Match the Words with Their Meanings – asks students to match vocabulary from the passage with its meaning
● Write about It – provides several prompts for students to respond critically to the passage in writing
54 pages, softcover. Book A, Grade 2.
The answer key accompanies Early Reading Comprehension in Varied Subject Matter Book A.
4 pages, softcover.